Friday, April 10, 2015

Fat Guy Product Testing: Fast Food Breakfast Burritos/Tacos

Breakfast is awesome. Forget that it is supposed to be the most important meal of the day. There is just something about breakfast food that just makes me smile when I think about eating it. Regretfully, I do not always have time to make it at home, but thankfully the fast food industry has been kind enough to offer up all kinds of yumminess.

Now it would take forever to review the best dishes from all over the fast food empire, but I'm going to look at this like any self-respecting fat guy would. I want something easy, cheap, and tasty--a $1 breakfast burrito or taco.

via Twitter
McDonald's: The golden arches are the long time king of fast food and they make a heck of a breakfast burrito. They are tasty, cheap, and they can be eaten without making a mess. They are not spectacular, but they are most certainly worth a buck. Two will fill you up, but if you are feeling like living la vida fat guy three will do the trick.

Burger King: The first time I had one of their breakfast burritos I thought it was freaking awesome so I had another. The second trip was disappointing, but I went back just to see what I would get. While filling they were poorly constructed and broke up making a mess in my lap. Never again.

Steak N'Shake: Love their breakfast soft tacos! Hands down the most tasty of the lot. They are a bit on the small side so you need to order three. Two will leave you wanting.

Jack n the Box: The breakfast Jack is not a burrito or soft taco, but it is the most comparable thing they have on the menu. While it was easy to eat and cheap it was unremarkable.

Taco Bell: Love their menu as a whole and their breakfast taco are pretty damn good. However, they do seem a little on the greasy side to me. I like them, but they are not nearly as good as Steak n Shake of McD's. When I go to Taco Bell for breakfast I typically get one of the featured items on the menu and maybe one taco to supplement it.

In another post I'll go over some of the main breakfast items, especially burritos (love you Qdoba).




Share on Fancred

No comments:

Post a Comment